Skills training and support for education and research
Resources around skills training and support for education and research relevant to learned and professional societies
- ASLIB - run training courses in library and information management
- Chartered Institute of Librarian and Information Professionals (CILIP) - training & development courses section
- Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC) - provides some staff development activities and information, e.g. JISC TechDis web pages and JISC Collections which has useful information on collection development, and JISC Digital Media, advice and traning on using digital media.
- Society of College, National and University Libraries (SCONUL) - not a training provider, but useful information on their website.
- Research Libraries UK (RLUK) - has useful information, their Workforce Development Group is looking at staff development issues. There is no ofﬁcial programme as yet and no documentation but these are likely to be available in the future.
- Vitae - a national organisation championing the personal, professional and career development of doctoral researchers and research staff in higher education institutions and research institutes.